If you love a little chocolate in your healthy snacks this recipe is for you. These delicious little bites are full of powerful and healthy ingredients like oats, quinoa and almond butter and lightly sweetened with maple syrup. They are great during a long hike or bike ride and can be used as a quick recovery snack after a tough workout.
Chocolate Chip Granola Bites
12 bite-size balls
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free oats if you like a gluten-free final product)
- 2/3 cup toasted shredded coconut*
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1/2 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- To toast coconut place it on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 3-5 minutes at 350 degrees or until it begins to brown. Watch it closely to avoid burning.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with your hands until the mixture becomes very sticky. Form small balls and serve. Can also be stored in the fridge and served chilled.