These budget-friendly vegan recipes mean you don’t have to break the bank to have flavorful, healthy, seasonal meals that are 100% plant-based.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Budget-Friendly Archives!
1. Baked Egg Cups
Source: Baked Egg Cups
Start your day on a good note with these high-protein, gluten-free, and vegan baked egg cups! Make a batch of these Baked Egg Cups by Mitch and Justine Chapman ahead of time for a quick and easy breakfast or snack.
2. Mexican Sheet Pancakes with Guacamole
This recipe has a savory Mexican twist. If you’re looking for something a little different, this Mexican Sheet Pancakes with Guacamole by Luce Hosier is the one for you. Sweet corn is such an underrated veggie in my opinion, and the crushed tortilla chips add a fabulous crunch.
Reprinted with permission from One-Pan Vegan by Luce Hosier. Page Street Publishing Co. 2022. Photo credit: Luce Hosier.
3. Teriyaki Tofu Steaks
Source: Teriyaki Tofu Steaks
4. Creamy Avocado Hummus
Source: Creamy Avocado Hummus
As a beautiful cross between guacamole and bean dip, this creamy avocado hummus makes for a delicious appetizer/snack as a dip with veggies and pita chips, and also makes a wonderful spread for a variety of sandwiches. This Creamy Avocado Hummus by Christina Bedetta is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
5. Autumn Dreams Smoothie Bowl
Source: Autumn Dreams Smoothie Bowl
A late autumn smoothie bowl may seem an unusual treat to share right now with the arrival of colder weather and heavier comfort foods. Ahhh… but when you savor your first creamy spoonful you’ll realize that this is a perfect time. What could be more snuggly than curling up in a cozy chair with a mug of warm chai tea and a bowl of this Autumn Dreams Smoothie Bowl by Katherine Henderson? The idea of bliss.
6. Miso Butter Smashed Potatoes
Source: Miso Butter Smashed Potatoes
These Miso Butter Smashed Potatoes by Luce Hosier will, without a doubt, be the most delicious potatoes you ever eat. Smashing them onto the sheet pan allows them to crisp up to perfection. And don’t forget the miso butter, which couldn’t be easier to prepare. I can assure you that you’ll have eaten several before you’ve even served them to your loved ones, so I’d recommend doubling the ingredients to make an extra big batch. They even taste amazing cold!
7. Garlic and Herb Chickpea Flatbread
This Garlic and Herb Chickpea Flatbread by Mireille Aikman contains chickpea flour, garlic, and herbs and is so easy to make. Want to know how you can make vegan garlic and herb chickpea flatbread? Let’s get started!
8. Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Source: Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
9. Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Source: Roasted Red Pepper Soup
You might notice that many Roasted Red Pepper Soup by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler recipes add carrots and potatoes but I find that the addition of those items tends to take away from the robust roasted pepper flavor.
10. Crispy Tofu Avocado Bowl
Source: Crispy Tofu Avocado Bowl
This Crispy Tofu Avocado Bowl by Julie Zimmer is a colorful, chilled, and refreshing crispy tofu avocado bowl packed with fiber, protein, antioxidants, heart-healthy fats, minerals, and vitamins. It is the perfect summer or end-of-summer dish!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!