A late autumn smoothie bowl may seem an unusual treat to share right now with the arrival of colder weather and heavier comfort foods. Ahhh… but when you savor your first creamy spoonful you’ll realize that this is actually the perfect time. What could be more snuggly than curling up in a cozy chair with a mug of warm chai tea and a bowl of this mellow butternut smoothie? Definitely the idea of bliss.
Autumn Dreams Smoothie Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 large rip banana sliced & frozen
- 1/4 cup riced butternut frozen
- 1/4 cup riced cauliflower frozen
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon mesquite powder, optional
- Set frozen fruit and veggies on the counter for 5 - 10 minutes to thaw just a bit. It makes it easier for your food process and blender to handle, and you also won't need to add any liquid. This is key if you want to make a thick smoothie bowl.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until creamy. Pour into a bowl and top with fruit, seeds, nuts, and with vegan caramel sauce. For a drinkable smoothie add plant based milk to thin it.