If you are a sushi fan, you’ll be happy to know that making sushi without fish is incredibly easy, and you can do it at home! While there are endless vegan sushi recipes to choose from, the basic ingredients are often the same, and you can find most of them in any regular grocery store.
The Basic Ingredients You’ll Need:
- nori sheets
- firm tofu
- soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- short-grain Japanese rice
- rice vinegar
- bamboo rolling mat
How To Make Vegan Sushi
Nikki Vegan shows us how to make vegan sushi at home! This veggie roll recipe is so easy to follow, and it’s healthy enough to eat every day for lunch or dinner. She also shows us the basics of making sushi rice and how to roll sushi using a bamboo mat. She makes it look so effortless!
Nikki also shares some helpful tips to keep in mind when making sushi at home for the first time. Firstly, she recommends rinsing your rice before you start cooking. This will ensure that it sticks together better. Secondly, she recommends using a very sharp knife when cutting your sushi into rolls, which will make for clean and smooth cuts. She also says to try adding some greens such as romaine lettuce into your rolls for an added crunch. Nikki also encourages people to whip up their own homemade spicy dipping sauce by combining vegan mayo and Sriracha. Her last tip is to make a few extra rolls to keep in the fridge for later. They make a great nourishing and energizing snack when you’re on the go!
- Avocado Zucchini Sushi With Brown Rice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Crispy Tofu and Rainbow Veg Sushi [Vegan]
- Buffalo Peanut Inside-Out Sushi [Vegan]
- Sriracha-Miso Glazed Sushi [Vegan]
- Sweet and Spicy Coconut Sushi [Vegan]
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!