These light and fresh spring rolls are easy to make and couldn't be more delicious when dipped in rich and creamy peanut sauce. A medley of raw and colorful vegetables give it crunch with subtle variations in texture and no shortage of flavor. These spring rolls are a great idea for any kind of party.
Vegetable Spring Rolls With Peanut Dipping Sauce [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup peanut flour
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- Rice paper wraps
- A leaves of romaine lettuce
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 large cucumber, julienned
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, julienned
- Dried tofu, sliced
- Cilantro, minced
- Prepare your peanut sauce by whisking all of the peanut sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- To prepare your spring rolls, fill a large shallow bowl or plate with warm water and have your rice paper wrappers, vegetables, and tofu close by. Submerge the rice paper into the warm water for about 5-10 seconds until it starts to soften.
- Then lay the paper down on another plate and place a piece of lettuce. some of each vegetable, and the tofu in the middle of the paper. Just like a burrito, roll the spring roll up by starting with the end closest to you, folding over the sides, and rolling it over to seal. Set the spring roll aside and repeat the process until all your vegetables are used up or you have enough spring rolls.
- Serve the spring rolls with the peanut dipping sauce.