Fall is upon us! With shorter days and chillier weather also comes delicious flavors like pumpkin, sweet potato, and beets! As the sun goes down and the wind picks up, there’s nothing like coming home to make a delicious fall-inspired vegan meal. One of our favorites is vegan ravioli! While this rich pasta dish usually contains eggs and dairy, there are so many ways to veganize it with vegan cheese or veggie fillings. These vegan ravioli recipes are full of different fall flavors and seasonal ingredients. They will make your home smell amazing and get you into the autumn mood.
Try out one of these 15 vegan ravioli recipes from our Food Monster App!
1. Pumpkin Ravioli With Hazelnut Tarragon Butter
Source: Pumpkin Ravioli With Hazelnut Tarragon Butter
These savory pumpkin ravioli are filled with homemade tofu ricotta and topped with hazelnut tarragon butter spiked with garlic. You can easily up the sweetness by adding a bit of maple syrup to the tofu ricotta before stuffing the ravioli. The dough does require some elbow grease, but the 7-8 minutes of kneading is so worth the result. These Pumpkin Ravioli With Hazelnut Tarragon Butter by Heather Poire would be a beautiful starter, either plated or served buffet style. The best part is, they can be made well in advance.
2. Mushroom Ravioli With Creamy Leek Sauce
Source: Mushroom Ravioli With Creamy Leek Sauce
This is a total Italian grandma recipe – hearty mushroom ravioli coated in a creamy, comforting leek sauce … doesn’t that sound like something a nonna would make you? Well, now you can make it yourself, at home! Make sure everyone gets seconds (and thirds) as a true grandma would. Everyone is going to love this Mushroom Ravioli With Creamy Leek Sauce by Kyra Howearth!
3. Ravioli With Kale Pesto And Sautéed Chard
Source: Ravioli With Kale Pesto And Sautéed Chard
When time’s tight and creativity’s running low, pasta always comes to the rescue. Making ravioli is something that’s going to serve you down the line. This delicious recipe for Ravioli With Kale Pesto And Sautéed Chard by Travis Piper is cheesy, packed with greens, and convincing that it’s made with cheese products.
Fall Cookbook: Plant-Based Recipes to Celebrate Harvest Season
Drum roll, please…One Green Planet’s Fall Plant-Based Recipes to Celebrate Harvest Season is here! Featuring an exciting collection of festive recipes that capture the spirit of fall. If you love eating delicious vegan food and cooking up a storm in the kitchen, you are going to want this cookbook! From stunning root veggies to sweet pumpkin, and everything spice, these dishes will be the life of any fall dinner table! Grab this cookbook here.
4. Carnival Squash Ravioli
Source: Carnival Squash Ravioli
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as digging into your homemade ravioli — especially ravioli filled with seasonal produce. The filling of these ravioli is made from roasted, mashed carnival squash, turnip, roasted garlic, and potatoes. It’s subtly spiced, but you are free to experiment with your desired level of spices. Serve this Carnival Squash Ravioli by Rini Desai with your favorite sauce or pesto.
5. 20-Minute Raw Ravioli With Almond Pulp Ricotta
Source: 20-Minute Raw Ravioli With Almond Pulp Ricotta
These zucchini roll-ups are a raw take on traditional ravioli. Nikki and Zuzana‘s recipe for 20-Minute Raw Ravioli With Almond Pulp Ricotta is an extra healthy alternative to a traditional pasta dish! Make some homemade almond milk, save the pulp, and make cheese with it! Delicious inside these roll-ups! These adorable and healthy ravioli will please everyone at your dinner table and won’t put them in a food coma after.
6. Squash Ravioli With Kale Pesto and Pine Nuts
Source: Squash Ravioli With Kale Pesto and Pine Nuts
Fall flavor in a homemade ravioli shell! Gluten-free ravioli with a seasonal filling, topped with simple kale pesto and toasted pine nuts. You will love this Squash Ravioli With Kale Pesto and Pine Nuts by Alison Marras!
7. Sweet Potato Ravioli With Creamy White Sauce
Source: Sweet Potato Ravioli With Creamy White Sauce
A creamy and rich sweet potato filling topped with a silky smooth white sauce infused with tarragon and garlic. These Sweet Potato Ravioli With Creamy White Sauce by Taavi Moore are completely homemade and delicious!
8. Pumpkin Ravioli in White Wine Butter Sage Sauce
Source: Pumpkin Ravioli in White Wine Butter Sage Sauce
Although making your ravioli takes a bit more work than opening a package, with hard work comes great rewards. These tasty ravioli have pumpkin folded into the dough, which gives them a lovely orange color. Then, they are stuffed with creamy pumpkin purée and vegan Parmesan and cooked until tender. The finishing touch is a delicious white wine butter sauce that is perfectly seasoned with fresh sage. This makes a small serving, so it is the perfect entrée for an intimate gathering or you can double the batch and freeze the rest for later! You have to try this Pumpkin Ravioli in White Wine Butter Sage Sauce by Gabrielle St. Claire!
9. Mushroom and Walnut Ravioli with Creamy Garlic Sauce
Source: Mushroom and Walnut Ravioli with Creamy Garlic Sauce
These deliciously stuffed ravioli are full of savory mushrooms and walnuts, perfectly complemented by the creamy garlic sauce. Stephanie Davies‘ recipe for Mushroom and Walnut Ravioli with Creamy Garlic Sauce feels like a luxury dinner!
10. Butternut Squash Ravioli With Sautéed Mushrooms
Source: Butternut Squash Ravioli With Sautéed Mushrooms
This is a beautiful dish that is worth the time and effort you put into it! The butternut squash has a surprisingly similar texture to traditional wheat-based pasta, and the creamy cashew-bean filling is more flavorful than any ricotta cheese you’ll find. This Butternut Squash Ravioli With Sautéed Mushrooms by Nathalie Fraise needs to be enjoyed on a day when you want to spend time in the kitchen, with some great music playing, while sipping a glass of wine (or kombucha).
11. Beet Ravioli With Spinach and Sunflower Seeds
Source: Beet Ravioli With Spinach and Sunflower Seeds
These pink Beet Ravioli With Spinach and Sunflower Seeds by Alicja Rokicka taste as good as they look. Their pink hue comes from the beet juice and they are stuffed with a sunflower seed ricotta that is delicious. This homemade pasta is labor-intensive but worth it.
12. Fried Zucchini Ravioli
Source: Fried Zucchini Ravioli
These Fried Zucchini Ravioli by Lydia Filgueras are pretty much tiny pockets of flavor heaven. Crispy on the outside with tender zucchini and gooey cheese tucked on the inside, this recipe is a winner. Forming the ravioli may seem a bit tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a breeze! Serve these with plenty of tomato sauce and a generous sprinkling of parsley.
13. Broccoli Rabe Pesto Ravioli
Source: Broccoli Rabe Pesto Ravioli
If you love homemade pillowy ravioli stuffed with an outrageously good filling and finished with lemony garlic oil – you’re going to love this Broccoli Rabe Pesto Ravioli by Lauren Hartmann. The simple pasta dough is stuffed with a zesty broccoli rabe pesto and then finished with homemade lemon garlic olive oil that is to die for.
14. Acorn Squash Ravioli in Thyme Garlic Butter
Source: Acorn Squash Ravioli in Thyme Garlic Butter
Taking a bite of this Acorn Squash Ravioli in Thyme Garlic Butter by Heather Poire is like biting into a little piece of fall. Soft, doughy homemade ravioli are stuffed with a smoky, sweet, and slightly cheese acorn squash filling. When served, it’s covered with a simple, earthy thyme garlic butter sauce that allows the acorn squash to shine through. Finally, it’s finished with a sprinkle of crunchy, salty pistachios.
15. Portobello Pumpkin Ravioli With Sage and Walnut Pesto
Source: Portobello Pumpkin Ravioli With Sage and Walnut Pesto
Pumpkin and sage is a classic flavor combination that can’t be beaten. These hearty Portobello Pumpkin Ravioli With Sage and Walnut Pesto by Medha Swaminathan are packed with portobello mushroom filling and topped with a chunky sage and walnut pesto!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!