When time's tight and creativity's running low, pasta always comes to the rescue. Making ravioli is something that's going to serve you continuously down the line. This delicious recipe is cheesy, packed with greens, and totally convincing that it's made with cheese products.
Ravioli With Kale Pesto And Sautéed Chard [Vegan]
To Make the Pasta Dough
- 2 cups semolina flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Olive oil, as needed (start with 2 teaspoons)
- Vegan cheese for filling (about a cup)
To Make the Kale Pesto:
- 2 cups loosely packed greens (basil, kale, cilantro are all excellent)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Mix the ingredients together to form a stiff dough.
- Then roll it out on a floured board until you have something in the 1/8-inch to 3/16-inch thickness range. Don't measure this, just try to get it really thin without tearing.
- Then roll it flat, cut out rocks glass size shapes, and load 'em up with vegan cheese, wetting and crimping the edges when applying the top layer.
- Once you've made the ravioli, lay them out on a cookie sheet for an hour on each side.
- Cook them in 6 quarts of boiling water with salt and oil. Cook approximately 8 minutes and test one. The thickness of your dough will determine the cooking time.
- While your pasta is cooking, process the greens and nuts together in a food processor, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Then add everything else except the olive oil. Drizzle that in on the pulse setting. You may need a bit more or less oil depending on how you want to use the pesto.
- When your pasta is done, drain and drizzle the pesto sauce over your ravioli and carefully toss it all together.