This recipe for vegan mozzarella is fantastic because it is so simple – you only need five ingredients. All you need is a little patience and you will have delicious gooey mozzarella that will taste like it's fresh from the countryside of Italy.
Cashew Mozzarella That Melts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3.5-ounces cashews
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons psyllium powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cover the cashews with water. Let the nuts soak for at least 6 hours.
- Put the psyllium powder with the 1 + 2/3 cups of water in a bowl and let it soak for two hours, until it has a gelatinous consistency.
- Drain the cashews and add them along with the soaked psyllium, lemon juice, and salt in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until the mixture is super smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a 2-3 cup bowl and put it in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.