This recipe for vegan mozzarella is fantastic because it is so simple – you only need five ingredients. All you need is a little patience and you will have delicious gooey cashew mozzarella that will taste like it's fresh from the countryside of Italy. It's perfect for Caprese salad, pizza, and any other recipes that you would use mozzarella in!
Cashew Mozzarella That Melts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3.5-ounces cashews
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons psyllium powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cover the cashews with water. Let the nuts soak for at least 6 hours.
- Put the psyllium powder with the 1 + 2/3 cups of water in a bowl and let it soak for two hours, until it has a gelatinous consistency.
- Drain the cashews and add them along with the soaked psyllium, lemon juice, and salt in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until the mixture is super smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a 2-3 cup bowl and put it in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.