These pink ravioli taste as good as they look. Their pink hue comes from the beet juice and they are stuffed with a sunflower seed ricotta that is absolutely delicious. This homemade pasta is labor intensive but totally worth it.
Beet Ravioli With Spinach and Sunflower Seeds [Vegan]
- 1 cup wheat or spelt flour
- 1/3 cup beet juice
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package of spinach
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A few tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Salt, to taste
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Prepare the pastry board or a large bowl.
- Sift the flour with the salt.
- Heat up the beet juice with sugar so that it's almost boiling but do not boil it. Pour the juice into the flour mix it well.
- Start kneading the pasta while adding the olive oil. The dough should be soft and elastic.
- Cover the dough and leave it for 15-40 minutes.
- Place your sunflower seeds in boiling water and leave them for 20 minutes.
- Drain the seeds and add your yeast flakes. If the dough is too dry, add water.
- Season it with salt to taste.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil on the stove and add the finely chopped garlic. Fry it for about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the sunflower seed mixture and mix it well.
- Season the ravioli to taste with salt and nutmeg.
- Flour a surface and roll out the dough portion thin.
- Cut the dough in half and start making your ravioli. In the first half, add equal amounts of stuffing.
- Cut the ravioli using special cutters, knife, or a glass.
- Boil a large amount of water and cook the ravioli until they float to the surface.