This is a total Italian grandma recipe – hearty mushroom ravioli coated in a creamy, comforting leek sauce ... doesn't that sound like something a nonna would make you? Well, now you can make it yourself, at home! Make sure everyone gets seconds (and thirds) like a true grandma would.
Mushroom Ravioli With Creamy Leek Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mushroom Ravioli With Creamy Leek Sauce [Vegan]
For the Ravioli Filling:
- 2 cups White Button mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
For the Ravioli Dough:
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2/3 cup water
For the Creamy Leek Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small leek (about 1 cup when chopped)
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
How to Prepare Mushroom Ravioli With Creamy Leek Sauce [Vegan]
To Make the Filling:
- Peel and de-stem the mushrooms, and finely slice them.
- Peel and finely dice the onion.
- Heat the oil over low heat and add the mushrooms and onion.
- Cook, stirring frequently, over a low heat until golden, or about 15 minutes.
To Make the Dough:
- Combine the dough ingredients until a smooth dough comes together (you may need to add more flour or water, depending on the moisture content of your flour).
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough as thin as you can (about 1/4-1/8-inch). Dusting the dough with a little flour can help.
- Cut the dough into strips about 2 1/2 inches wide, then cut into pieces about 4 inches long.
- Place a teaspoon of the filling on each dough piece.
- Fold the dough over the filling and press dough on each side to seal.
- Heat a saucepan of salted water until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Add the raviolis, a few at a time, and cook for a few minutes (wait until they float to the top, then wait an extra minute).
- Scoop the ravioli out and place on a plate, covered with an upturned bowl, while you cook the rest.
To Make the Sauce:
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by heating the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the leek and fry for a few minutes until it wilts.
- Add the parsley.
- Blend the cashews, water, soy sauce, and vinegar until smooth, and stir through in the pan.
- Remove from the heat immediately.
- Stir the ravioli through the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1689 | Total Carbs: 196 g | Total Fat: 82 g | Total Protein: 55 g | Total Sodium: 1503 g | Total Sugar: 28 g Per Serving: Calories: 422 | Carbs: 49 g | Fat: 21 g | Protein: 14 g | Sodium: 376 mg | Sugar: 7 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.