The main ingredient in Gnocchi is usually potato, but they’re also often made with egg and wheat flour, with some gnocchi recipes containing cheese as well. The great thing is that gluten-free gnocchi is just as easy to make as regular gnocchi, tastes just as good, and there are a variety of different recipes to choose from. Enjoy!
1. Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Homemade Sauce
This is such a yummy dinner to have on a cozy evening. This Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Homemade Sauce by Robin Browne is healthy, filling, vegan and fun to make!
2. Rich Sicilian Caponata and Gnocchi
This Rich Sicilian Caponata and Gnocchi by Julia Shannahan is a wonderful gluten-free, vegan meal to share. The Caponata is slightly acidic from the vinegar which cuts through the richness of the sauce and plump vegetables. It’s also very versatile: the Caponata is equally good served with pasta or as a dip and gnocchi, well gnocchi goes with everything. Divine!
3. Butternut Squash Gnocchi
Source: Butternut Squash Gnocchi
Whilst this recipe is without eggs and gluten, it is not without the flavor, texture, and appearance of traditional gnocchi. The butternut squash gives them a lovely flavor and color, and the gluten-free flour and gram flour do a brilliant job of binding the dough. This Butternut Squash Gnocchi by Melissa Tedesco goes well with any sauce, whether it be a classic tomato sauce, or an olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, and rosemary sauce.
4. Pumpkin Gnocchi With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
This delicious Pumpkin Gnocchi With Creamy Mushroom Sauce by Kirsten Kaminski is amazing! Perfect for the colder seasons, and with a creamy mushroom sauce poured on top, you’re in for a delightful, satisfying dinner.
5. Pumpkin Gnocchi in Spiced Butter Sauce With Lemon Cashew Cream
Luscious homemade gnocchi blanketed in a rich sauce and lemon cashew cream—who wouldn’t want that for dinner? This Pumpkin Gnocchi in Spiced Butter Sauce With Lemon Cashew Cream by Rhea Parsons is so elegant and delicious, your guests are going to be asking for seconds… and thirds!
6. Mexican-Inspired Gnocchi
Source: Mexican-Inspired Gnocchi
Have you ever had one of those days where you just have to have a huge comforting meal? A meal loaded with pasta and beans in a heavy sauce?! This Mexican-Inspired Gnocchi by Rini Desai is the perfect comfort food! It’s a quick and easy one-pot weeknight dinner recipe for the whole family to enjoy.
7. Brown Butter Gnocchi With Fresh Herbs
This Brown Butter Gnocchi With Fresh Herbs by Rene Barker is surprisingly simple and stunningly delicious. The combination of browned butter, fresh herbs, wilted arugula, and pillowy gnocchi is always a winning combination and when you toss in some pine nuts you get a truly special dish. Plus, this elegant dish only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
8. Gnocchi in White Sauce With Sage
Source: Gnocchi in White Sauce With Sage
This Gnocchi in White Sauce With Sage by Francesca Bettoni is a bit labor-intensive but well worth your trouble. The beets give your pasta a beautiful pink hue and the creamy hazelnut sauce puts this pasta over the top. The dish is topped off with balsamic vinegar, sage, and toasted hazelnuts for a truly impressive finish.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.