Have you ever had one of those days where you just have to have a huge comforting meal? A meal loaded with pasta and beans in a heavy sauce?! This vegan Mexican gnocchi recipe is the perfect comfort food! Its a quick and easy one-pot weeknight dinner recipe for the whole family to enjoy.
Mexican-Inspired Gnocchi [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Mexican-Inspired Gnocchi [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Gnocchi:
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 plum tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet corn (do not thaw if using frozen)
- 2 tablespoons oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cups vegan gnocchi (gluten-free if necessary)
For the Garnish:
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
How to Prepare Mexican-Inspired Gnocchi [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a bowl, mix the coconut milk, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning. Set aside
- Heat a pan for 30 seconds on medium heat, then add the oil.
- Add the onions and let them soften (about 1 minute).
- Add the bell pepper and let them soften (about 1 minute).
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Add the sauce mixture and mix well. Cover the pan and let it cook on low to medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the gnocchi are soft.
- While the gnocchi are cooking, mix all the ingredients for the garnish.
- When the gnocchi is done cooking, turn off the heat.
- Top with the garnish and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1656 | Total Carbs: 141 g | Total Fat: 120 g | Total Protein: 19 g | Total Sodium: 2348 g | Total Sugar: 25 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.