This recipe is surprisingly simple and stunningly delicious. The combination of browned butter, fresh herbs, wilted arugula, and pillowy gnocchi is always a winning combination and when you toss in some pine nuts you get a truly special dish. Plus, this elegant dish only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
Brown Butter Gnocchi With Fresh Herbs [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 tablespoon vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 16 ounces package gluten-free gnocchi
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Vegan parmesan (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While water is heating up, place a pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Add your butter and garlic and sauté them for 2 minutes, stirring the frequently.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook everything for an additional 1-3 minutes or until butter begins to brown.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and set aside.
- Add gnocchi to boiling water and cook it according to the package instructions.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer cooked gnocchi to the saucepan and add the arugula and pine nuts.
- Toss the mixture until everything is coated evenly and the arugula is slightly wilted. Plate the gnocchi and top it with the red pepper flakes and parmesan (fi you are using them).