Whether it’s a casual gathering or a formal event, there is a dessert recipe that can make any occasion even more special. With these 15 vegan dessert recipes are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake
Source: Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake
In this recipe, creamy, decadent chocolate and vanilla cheesecake sit on a nut-and-seed crust. The crust itself requires no baking and for the cheesecake, the toughest part of the entire process is waiting for it to solidify in the freezer. This Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake by Priscilla Soler is wonderful on its own, but divine when smothered in melted chocolate and topped with fruit.
2. Copycat “Reese’s” Peanut Butter Cups
Source: Copycat “Reese’s” Peanut Butter Cups
Dark chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven, especially when you put them together in these super easy to make Copycat “Reese’s” Peanut Butter Cups by Tori Cooper!
3. Pot au Chocolat
Source: Pot au Chocolat
There are no eggs and there’s no dairy, milk, or white sugar in this Pot au Chocolat by Julie Zimmer. High in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, this dessert is simple to make. Served with a dollop of cream (dairy or coconut) and fresh fruit, this popular and simple dessert can be enjoyed all year round! You will love this Pot au Chocolat!
4. Double Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Source: Double Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
These Double Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies by Wendy Irene have an indulgent dark chocolate flavor without the intense sweetness. The coconut oil, although less common in baking, is a healthier alternative than traditional fats often used in cookie recipes. The coconut sugar and brown rice syrup provide a milder sweetness, and are thought to have less of an impact on your blood sugar than table sugar. It’s the perfect treat for a sunny spring day. They’re the best vegan chocolate cookies ever!
5. Gluten-Free Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Source: Gluten-Free Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These Healthy Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by Angelina Papanikolaou are the best ever! They’re incredibly soft, chewy, and perfectly spiced with a hint of cinnamon.
6. No-Bake Peanut Butter Fudge
Source: No-Bake Peanut Butter Fudge
Major peanut butter lover? This dessert has everything you could want in a fudge. These No-Bake Peanut Butter Fudge by Gin Butters are smooth, velvety, and requires no cooking! Made with chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, a dash of salt, a wink of vanilla, and just enough coconut oil to hold it all together, this dessert is healthy so, indulge away!
7. Walnut Date Fudge
Source: Walnut Date Fudge
Walnuts provide healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They’re rich in antioxidants and are good for the brain and support healthy aging. Walnuts are an exceptionally nutritious nut and this Walnut Date Fudge by Namita Tiwari is the perfect way to enjoy them. Dates act as an excellent natural sweetener and are full of goodness. The fudge makes a guilt-free festive sweet and dessert.
8. Caramel Brownie
Source: Caramel Brownie
Natalie Yonan‘s Caramel Brownies are almost raw and very simple to make! Rich, dense and super satisfying! 3 simple steps. Blend the no bake brownie ingredients in a food processor. Put some whole walnuts on top. Mix together the caramel ingredients and spread out evenly.
9. Midnight Mint Mocha Brownies
Source: Midnight Mint Mocha Brownies
All the flavor of your favorite Starbucks frappuccino, in vegan brownie form! Nicole Dunai‘s fudgey Mint Mocha Brownies are topped with a deliciously smooth mint frosting and dusted with minted sugar! Fudgey, chocolatey, coffee infused brownies, covered in vegan mint buttercream frosting and topped with minty sugar. If you’re a mint chocolate lover, these are legit going to be your new fave!
10. Key Lime Pie Avocado Ice Cream
Source: Key Lime Pie Avocado Ice Cream
The taste of this key lime pie avocado ice cream is exactly like you’re digging into the frozen version of key lime pie. The avocado is completely undetectable — all it does is give you a deliciously creamy ice cream texture that’s the perfect partner for the crunchy graham cracker cookie crumble and the sticky vegan condensed milk. This recipe by Azucena Noriega serves one, so you don’t have to (and won’t want to) share.
11. Sweet Potato Ice Cream
Source: Sweet Potato Ice Cream
This sweet potato ice cream by Emily Brees is like a summery cousin to autumn’s pumpkin pie. This creamy and decadent cashew-based ice cream is spicy and cool — nobody would ever guess that it contains sweet potato! A topping of pecans complements the ice cream and if you’re feeling it, add a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
12. Healthier Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Healthier Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten free & so delicious, these healthy vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies by Claire Cary are almond milk’s new favorite cookie.
13. The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
Source: The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
This Best Vegan Chocolate Cake by Gretchen Price is a very simple one to make especially because the cake recipe itself doesn’t require a mixer, it’s a one bowl mix and away you go!
14. Matcha Vegan White Chocolate
Source: Matcha Vegan White Chocolate
This Matcha Vegan White Chocolate by Angie Li doesn’t taste like coconut. So it’s perfect for people who hate coconuts. Not only are these matcha vegan white chocolates easy to make, they don’t require expensive or hard-to-find ingredients. All you need is some patience, attention, love, and you will make the best gift that will impress anyone.
15. Toffee Vanilla Ice Cream Slices
Source: Toffee Vanilla Ice Cream Slices
These Toffee Vanilla Ice Cream Slices by Anthea Cheng are inspired by the Golden Gaytime, a finger-sized toffee and vanilla ice cream bar dipped in chocolate and covered in biscuit pieces, originating from Australia. This recipe is a healthier version of the Aussie dessert, made with a crumbly oat base, creamy coconut ice cream filling, and all topped with a drizzle of chocolate and a divine cookie crumble. These little bars have the same texture and taste as the original with just a fraction of the guilt!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Source: Mushroom Stroganoff
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!