In this recipe, creamy, decadent chocolate and vanilla cheesecake sits on a nut-and-seed crust. The crust itself requires no baking and for the cheesecake, the toughest part of the entire process is waiting for it to solidify in the freezer. This cheesecake is wonderful on its own, but divine when smothered in melted chocolate and topped with fruit.
Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3-5 tablespoons water
For the Cake:
- 3 cups soaked raw cashews
- 1 14-ounce block silken firm tofu (optional, but makes it creamier)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (soy or almond are best)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 5 stevia drops
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
For the Topping:
- Melted chocolate, chocolate squares, or mulberries.
How to Prepare Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan]
To Make the Crust:
- Prepare the crust by processing the dates, nuts and coconut flour in a food processor. Add the water as needed, until you have a sticky consistency. Transfer mixture to a cheesecake pan and leave in the freezer while you make the filling.
To Make the Cake:
- Blend the cashews, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, vanilla, and stevia drops until you have a very creamy consistency. Divide mixture and save half to make the chocolate layer.
- Spread vanilla mixture over the crust and freeze. Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate mixture by mixing the other half with cacao powder until smooth. Remove cheesecake from freezer and top with the rest of the mixture.
- Freeze for 24 hours. Once ready, leave outside the freezer for 5 minutes and remove from pan while frozen.
- Top cheesecake with your favorite fruits or any other topping you want.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.