Gluten free & so delicious, these healthy vegan chocolate chip cookies are (almond) milks new favorite cookie.
Healthier Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Healthier Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons plant milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
How to Prepare Healthier Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the softened coconut oil (but not melted), coconut sugar, and applesauce to a bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until you get a nice paste.
- Add in the vanilla and plant milk and beat again.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and beat until a dough forms.
- Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to let the dough set.
- Form into 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls, press lightly to flatten with your fingers, and place on a cookie sheet with enough space in between.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (soft & chewy) or 15-18 minutes (crispy) or until the edges are golden brown. They will continue to harden as they cool.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.