Gluten free & so delicious, these healthy vegan chocolate chip cookies are (almond) milks new favorite cookie.
Healthier Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons plant milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the softened coconut oil (but not melted), coconut sugar, and applesauce to a bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until you get a nice paste.
- Add in the vanilla and plant milk and beat again.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and beat until a dough forms.
- Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to let the dough set.
- Form into 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls, press lightly to flatten with your fingers, and place on a cookie sheet with enough space in between.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (soft & chewy) or 15-18 minutes (crispy) or until the edges are golden brown. They will continue to harden as they cool.