It’s the best day of the year: Pasta Day! What could be better than a day that we get to celebrate one of the most-loved dishes ever? We’ll take any excuse to whip up any of these gorgeous and delicious pasta recipes from our Food Monster App that showcase this wonderful staple food that goes well with virtually every topping. Need some examples? We’ve got you covered!
1. Pumpkin Cannelloni With Almond Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This isn’t your standard pumpkin dish! Tender cannelloni are filled with savory pumpkin puree and topped with a creamy almond sauce … this Pumpkin Cannelloni With Almond Sauce from Florian Nouh is definitely a dish you want as the center of your holiday table!
2. Nettle Gnocchi with Dried Tomatoes and Spring Onions [Vegan]
Nettles can be used in the kitchen in soups, risottos, ravioli stuffing, pancakes, pasta pesto or simply sautéed as a side dish. In the case of Valentina Chiappa‘s Nettle Gnocchi with Dried Tomatoes and Spring Onions, they’re used for gnocchi! This delicious dish is seasoned in a simple but tasty way.
3. Sesame Pasta Salad [Vegan]
Image Source: Sesame Pasta Salad [Vegan]
This Sesame Pasta Salad from Caroline Ginolfi is bound to rival any meal dishes at the family table! It is full of decadent flavors and is a full hearty yet super healthy meal that everyone is going to enjoy! Give it a try!
4. Creamy Mushroom Penne with Thyme Crusted Tofu [Vegan]
- Image Source: Creamy Mushroom Penne with Thyme Crusted Tofu [Vegan]
Creamy sauce with a nice crisp coating on the tofu, combined with the amazing flavors of sage and mushroom: this Creamy Mushroom Penne with Thyme Crusted Tofu recipe from Jenny Marie is a dream come true!
5. Mushroom and Swiss Chard Pasta with Creamy Rosè Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
There’s nothing like delicious pasta topped with veggies and creamy, satisfying sauce. Logan Dunn‘s recipe for Mushroom and Swiss Chard Pasta With Creamy Rose Sauce certainly checks all of those boxes! Perfectly seasoned with balanced flavors, you’ll want to make this dish again and again.
6. Spaghetti With Cauliflower Carbonara and Tempeh Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Looking for a vegan spaghetti carbonara recipe that tastes as good as the creamy Italian classic — or even better? I think you’ll be amazed by this Spaghetti With Cauliflower Carbonara and Tempeh Bacon from Julie Van den Kerchove! It’s almost fat-free, it doesn’t have any cashews, and all you need is five simple ingredients. The sauce gets its creaminess from the always wonderful vegetable cauliflower.
7. Rigatoni Pie With Spicy Pomodoro Sauce [Vegan]
- Image Source: Rigatoni Pie With Spicy Pomodoro Sauce [Vegan]
This is EPIC. Just LOOK at this thing. Pasta in pie form. Pasta PIZZA. Oh my. Cheesy, spicy, filled with garlicy, meaty goodness. Are you trembling in fear? In love? Do you even know what you’re feeling? Good, that means get cooking this Rigatoni Pie With Spicy Pomodoro Sauce from Ashley Hankins!
8. Five Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese [Vegan]
- Image Source: Five Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese [Vegan]
This baked, vegan version of mac and cheese gets its cheesiness from a nutritional yeast-filled sauce, a tofu ricotta-like mixture, vegan cream cheese, shredded vegan cheese, and walnut parmesan sprinkles. Yep, that’s five! If you are looking for an unbeatable “cheesy” comfort dish, here you are: a Five Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese from Joni Marie Newman.
9. Penne in Creamy Carrot Sauce [Vegan]
- Image Source: Penne in Creamy Carrot Sauce [Vegan]
Gunjan Dudani‘s Penne in Creamy Carrot Sauce is creamy without cream, it’s rich without oil – it’s pretty much amazing. The sauce is so simple, it’s incredible it tastes so good. Plus, with only seven ingredients required to make this entire dish, it will become an easy dinner favorite.
10. Green Pea and Almond Pesto Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-free]
- Image Source: Green Pea and Almond Pesto Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-free]
This super simple Green Pea and Almond Pesto Pasta from Rinku Bhattacharya is inspired, flashy, and fun. It’s an easy green pea and mint pesto, perfect for these rainy busy evenings. The mint adds a depth of unexpected flavor to this classic pasta sauce.
11. Pasta With Roasted Butternut Cream Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Looking for the perfect Autumn comfort food? Look no further! Made with roasted butternut pumpkin, carrots, a hint of sage, and nutmeg – this Pasta With Roasted Butternut Cream Sauce from Emma Roche is deliciously velvety, and packed full of vitamins and minerals to help keep you healthy in the colder seasons.
12. One-Pan White Wine and Preserved Lemon Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This One-Pan White Wine and Preserved Lemon Pasta from Rebekah Waters is quick, easy, and packed full of green veggies. The preserved lemon provides an unexpected tart-salty kick and the white wine amps up the flavor. It’s the perfect meal for weeknights or date nights in spring.
13. Creamy Almond Butter Tomato Pasta [Vegan]
- Image Source: Creamy Almond Butter Tomato Pasta [Vegan]
This pasta sauce recipe is easy to make and only requires 15 minutes preparation. It’s much creamier than your average tomato sauce due to two special ingredients: Nutritional yeast and almond butter. If you haven’t tried nut butter with pasta, you’ve been missing out! Try it with Laura Grosch‘s Creamy Almond Butter Tomato Pasta.
14. Enchilada Pasta Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Image Source: Enchilada Pasta Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This Enchilada Pasta Casserole from Conscious Chris is one of those recipes that you’ll make again and again – for potlucks, family gatherings, or otherwise. Plus you get all of the spice and flavor of Mexican food in the comforting shape of a casserole.
15. Cauliflower Sage Alfredo [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Image Source: Cauliflower Sage Alfredo [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Still need more pasta recipes? Make sure to check out our Pasta Archives! We also highly recommend downloading our Food Monster App, which is available for iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 15,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
For more Vegan Food, Health, Recipe, Animal, and Life content published daily, don’t forget to subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter!
Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please support us!