There's nothing like delicious pasta topped with veggies and creamy, satisfying sauce. This recipe certainly checks all of those boxes! Perfectly seasoned with balanced flavors, you'll want to make this dish again and again.
Mushroom and Swiss Chard Pasta with Creamy Rosè Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Swiss Chard & Mushroom Rosè Sauce
- 12 cremini Mushrooms, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 swiss chard leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can pureed tomatoes
- 1/2 block cashew-based soft cheeze
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
Pasta & Assembly
- 1 box of chickpea pasta, cooked and drained
- Lemon juice to deglaze the pan
- Vegan parm to top
- Basil to top
- Begin by bringing heavily salted water to a boil & cook your pasta as per the box instructions.
- As the pasta is boiling prep your veggies, and add the olive oil to a pan on medium heat.
- Once your oil has heated begin by sauteeing your onions until they’re browned, followed by your mushrooms and garlic.
- Once the mushrooms have browned and are fragrant, add to the pan the swiss chard and sautee only until the leaves have shriveled.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- To a new pan on medium heat add the pureed tomatoes and cheeze, stir this until a Rosè sauce forms and the cheeze is fully melted.
- To the pan add the herbs and spices, taste and add more to fit your own desire.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the sauce.
- Serve the pasta topped with your sauteed veggies, vegan parm, and fresh basil.