This is one of those recipes that you'll make again and again – for potlucks, family gatherings, or otherwise. Plus you get all of the spice and flavor of Mexican food in the comforting shape of a casserole.
Enchilada Pasta Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 8-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 12 ounces vegan enchilada sauce
- 1 16-ounce box gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 cup tricolor sweet peppers, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 12 ounces meatless crumbles or textured vegetable protein
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 8 ounces salsa
- 16 ounces vegan mozzarella
- Chives, for garnish
- Chipotle mayonnaise, for garnish
- Bring the water to a boil in large pot, then add the penne pasta and let it cook for 12 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- While water is boiling, dice the peppers and onions and add them to a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat with the frozen corn kernels.
- Season the vegetables with the taco seasoning and cook them for 10 minutes.
- Add the beef-less crumbles to vegetables, mix them well, and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain water and add the vegetable and beef-less crumble mixture.
- Add the enchilada sauce and salsa and mix it all thoroughly.
- Add the vegan mozzarella crumbles and mix everything again.
- Pour the pasta mixture into a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Crumble chips finely and completely cover the pasta mixture in tray.
- Evenly distribute the rest of vegan mozzarella over this dish. Bake this for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with your chipotle vegan mayo and chives.