This tempeh mushroom walnut crumble mixture is a super versatile plant-based protein option to keep around. Top salads with it, mix it into soups, serve it with a side of rice, or toss it in a stir-fry. It's protein-packed, salty-sweet, and extremely easy to make.
Tempeh Mushroom Walnut Crumbles [Vegan]
- 1 8-ounce package tempeh, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place coconut oil into skillet and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove tempeh from package and crumble into small pieces with hand or pulse into small pieces with food processor.
- Cook tempeh crumbles for about 8 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add garlic, apple cider vinegar, and liquid aminos and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, walnuts, and maple to tempeh mixture and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Mix welland remove from heat.