A creamy and rich, dairy-free dish packed with vegan, cheesy goodness! Add some veggies, meat replacers, or just enjoy this dish plain!
Cauliflower Sage Alfredo [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Cauliflower Sage Alfredo [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 1/2 cups cauliflower, steamed until tender
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 servings worth of your favorite gluten-free pasta
How to Prepare Cauliflower Sage Alfredo [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce: Over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of vegan butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and sautée for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sautéed garlic, nutritional yeast, broth, coconut cream, and steamed cauliflower into a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- In the same saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of vegan butter over medium heat. Add the chopped sage and cook until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower mixture to the saucepan and heat over medium heat, about 5-10 minutes.
- Toss in the cooked gluten-free pasta and serve.
To get coconut cream: Place a full-fat can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. When you open the can, the milk will have separated.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.