This isn't your standard pumpkin dish! Tender cannelloni are filled with savory pumpkin puree and topped with a creamy almond sauce ... this is definitely a dish you want as the center of your holiday table!
Pumpkin Cannelloni With Almond Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/4 cups almonds, soaked overnight
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small pumpkin
- 12 vegan, gluten-free cannelloni
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 onion
- 1 large handful pumpkin seeds
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg (optional)
To Make the Almond Sauce:
- Soak the almonds in water overnight.
- Drain the almonds and transfer them to a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
To Make the Pumpkin Cannelloni:
- Peel and seed the pumpkin. Chop into bits and cook until soft. Drain and mash the softened pumpkin in a bowl.
- Chop the onion and briefly roast them with a drop of your favorite oil. Add them and the cranberries to the mashed pumpkin and mix well. Season with salt, pepper, and – if you like – a pinch of nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Fill the cannelloni with the pumpkin puree (if the almond sauce is very firm, you could precook the cannelloni a bit first, depending on the manufacturer) and transfer to a baking dish.
- Spread the almond sauce on top of the filled cannelloni and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy warm.