This isn't your standard pumpkin dish! Tender cannelloni are filled with savory pumpkin puree and topped with a creamy almond sauce ... this is definitely a dish you want as the center of your holiday table!
Pumpkin Cannelloni With Almond Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Cannelloni With Almond Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/4 cups almonds, soaked overnight
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small pumpkin
- 12 vegan, gluten-free cannelloni
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 onion
- 1 large handful of pumpkin seeds
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg (optional)
How to Prepare Pumpkin Cannelloni With Almond Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Almond Sauce:
- Soak the almonds in water overnight.
- Drain the almonds and transfer them to a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
To Make the Pumpkin Cannelloni:
- Peel and seed the pumpkin. Chop into bits and cook until soft. Drain and mash the softened pumpkin in a bowl.
- Chop the onion and briefly roast them with a drop of your favorite oil. Add them and the cranberries to the mashed pumpkin and mix well. Season with salt, pepper, and – if you like – a pinch of nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Fill the cannelloni with the pumpkin puree (if the almond sauce is very firm, you could precook the cannelloni a bit first, depending on the manufacturer) and transfer it to a baking dish.
- Spread the almond sauce on top of the filled cannelloni and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy warm.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.