This sesame pasta salad is bound to rival any meal dishes at the family table! It is full of decadent flavors and is a full hearty yet super healthy meal that everyone is going to enjoy! Give it a try!
Sesame Pasta Salad [Vegan]
- 8 cups pasta twists
- 1 cup water chestnuts drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 6-8 scallions sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- pink salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- While pasta is cooking prepare the dressing by simply whisking together all ingredients or combing in a blender or food processor.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the pasta with with seitan if using, peas, scallions, water chestnuts and sesame seeds.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Best served cold after marinating in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours or overnight.