Sweet potato pie has commonly been served in the southern United States and is a staple at many holiday gatherings. Sweet potato pie tastes similar to pumpkin pie but usually has a creamier texture, uses fewer spices, and is more naturally sweet. So if you’re in the mood for some creamy and delicious pies, you’ve come to the right place!
1. Sweet Potato Pie
Source: Sweet Potato Pie
2. Thankful Sweet Potato Pie Tacos
Source: Thankful Sweet Potato Pie Tacos
Practicing gratitude is an important aspect of a detoxified lifestyle. We have found that the best way to get into a thankful mindset is by eating Thanksgiving-inspired tacos. Here we offer Thankful Sweet Potato Pie Tacos by Wes Allison. Like pumpkin, sweet potato sparkles when accompanied by warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and allspice. While the sweet potato spice latte may never come to fruition, we can be thankful that the Sweet Potato Pie Taco is available year-round.
Credit line: Recipe from The Taco Cleanse: The Tortilla-Based Diet Proven to Change Your Life, copyright ©Wes Allison, Stephanie Bogdanich, Molly R. Frisinger, Jessica Morris, 2015. Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Experiment. Available wherever books are sold. theexperimentpublishing.com
3. Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie
Source: Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie
This Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie by Kat Condon is like a slice of pie in a glass! Full of hidden vegetables, this smoothie is also fruitless, dairy-free, and gluten-free. There is more to this wonderful smoothie than meets the eye. There’s more than one vegetable in this smoothie – there are two! And it is also fruitless, which means there is no banana.
4. Raw Purple Sweet Potato Pie
Source: Raw Purple Sweet Potato Pie
This Raw Purple Sweet Potato Pie by Emily Spain exudes happiness and makes us smile just by looking at it – and taking a bite is even better. The purple sweet potatoes give this pie its unique coloring and provide a creamy base for the dessert. This pie is a show-stopper, so get ready for some compliments.
5. Sweet Potato and Sage Lentil Shepherd’s Pie
This Sweet Potato and Sage Lentil Sheperd’s Pie by Kristen Genton is a complete meal! You have your protein/base and yummy potatoes on top. This rendition has a mushroom and lentil filling with a creamy sweet potato and sage topping!
6. Sweet Potato Maple Mousse Pie
Source: Sweet Potato Maple Mousse Pie
7. Golden Milk Pie With Sweet Potatoes
Golden Milk Pie: an aromatic and creamy cake straight from the fridge. Without baking, without gluten, without soy but with a lot of taste! Golden milk promises many health benefits. So why not enjoy it as a Golden Milk Pie? Although it promises greater added value as a warm drink, this Golden Milk Pie With Sweet Potatoes by Deniz Kilic certainly has a positive effect on the body in the form of dessert!
8. Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
Source: Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
This Sweet Potato Pecan Pie by Gina Hoskins is much more than sweet potato pie with pecans on it. It’s two pies combined into one! There’s one layer of pecan filling over a layer of sweet potato filling, so you can have the best of both worlds. If you are looking for a pie comparable to the ones your grandma served up every year during the holidays, here it is.
9. Sweet Potato Popcorn Pie
Source: Sweet Potato Popcorn Pie
A silky, creamy, and glorious pie that’s part baked cheesecake, part custard flan. But oh-so-much more exciting with a filling made from sweet potatoes and apples that’s creamy and flavorful. This Sweet Potato Popcorn Pie by Laura Hemmington is delicately sweet, with flavors of apple, pecan, pretzel, and a crunch of popcorn.
10. Indian Sweet Potato and Spinach Pie
Ready for some wholesome Indian comfort food? This Indian Sweet Potato and Spinach Pie by Annabelle Randles is flaky and fragranced with a delicious spice blend. Serve it with raita, a herby vegan yogurt dip that pairs perfectly with the warm flavors of this dish.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.