This purple pie exudes happiness and makes us smile just looking at it – and taking a bite is even better. The purple sweet potatoes give this pie its unique coloring and provide a creamy base for the dessert. This pie is a show stopper, so get ready for some compliments.
Raw Purple Sweet Potato Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Purple Sweet Potato Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup dates
- A splash of water, to help blend (if needed)
For the Filling:
- 1 2/3 cups purple sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/4-1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- A dash of pink salt
How to Prepare Raw Purple Sweet Potato Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
How to Make the Crust:
- Pulse the nuts and dates together in a food processor.
- Add a splash f water to help blend the dough.
- Press your crust into a 7-inch pie plate or tart pan.
How to Make the Filling:
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Taste the filling and make adjustments for sweetness and spices.
- Spread the filling over the crust and refrigerate it for about 3 hours to let it set.
- Slice your pie and serve it with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, if you like.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.