Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When the Gulf Coast Humane Society lost part of its roof and power due to the Hurricane in Florida, Peggy Adams Animal Rescue loaded up their vans and drove there to help evacuate as many pets as possible. The staff were extremely friendly and gave the crew from Peggy Adams a special tour and told them about any animal who might need extra Support. For example, an adorable dog named Petunia would go with the crew, and she had a broken leg which they would be able to treat once back.
In an update video, the organization confirmed that many of the cats they took in are now available for adoption. The dogs will be available soon, according to Peggy Adams.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Petition: Tell Florida Hotels to Allow Hurricane Victims to Bring Their Pets to Stay
- How This Florida Rescue is Helping Animals Impacted by Hurricane Ian
- Baby Animals Rescued After Hurricane Nicholas
- Over 100 Birds Rescued After Oil Spill Caused by Hurricane Ida
- Louisiana Rescuers Save 60 Cows from Hurricane Ida
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!