Billie Eilish and her brother Finneas performed a virtual concert for Pay It Forward Live. Pay It Forward Live is sponsored by Verizon and is a weekly concert series to support small businesses affected by coronavirus.
“Small businesses are a crucial part of our community, and it is so important that we support them during this crisis,” said Eilish. “I am honored to be able to call attention to these local businesses, who have made an impact on my life, and are trying to make the world a better place.”
Talking about the company, she shared, “Basically, [Finneas] and I both grew up as dancers, but I got into the company and it was like a whole thing. I did competitions, and my whole life was dance. And we had a teacher named Fred, who still is a teacher there, and he’s amazing. And he knew that me and Finneas made music. … He asked us to make a song just to choreograph a dance to, so we could do it for the end-of-year recital. I was like, ‘Cool, what do you want it to sound like?’ And he was like, ‘I don’t know, whatever you want — just kind of alternative and whatever.”
Billie and Finneas’ mom has been working on COVID-19 support of her own, her initiative Support + Feed. Billie recently adopted a pit bull puppy she was fostering in quarantine. You can watch the live stream of the concert here.
Scientists believe that the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, started at an exotic animal market in Wuhan, China. You can help stop the incidence of viruses like these by signing this petition to ban the wildlife trade.
This is a good time to reconsider our intake of animal products to stay healthy. Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our latest coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Jane Goodall’s Talks about Coronavirus and the Treatment of Wild Animals
- United States Now Has Most Coronavirus Cases in the World
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Coronavirus Update: Death Toll Surpasses SARS
- The Difference Between COVID-19 and the Flu
- Coronavirus Update: Quarantined Patients Given Turtles for Dinner In Spite of
- Coronavirus Update: Your Pets are Not in Danger
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!