Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The coronavirus is officially more deadly than SARS. 908 people are dead in China, as of February 8, as the country quarantines cities and works to end the virus. SARS began in 2002 in similar circumstances and killed 774 people across the world.
The World Health Organization (WHO) will soon be on the ground in China, after the country delayed their advice and input. The WHO’ s director general, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Twitter that they were deploying workers to the area to help the situation.
Animal activists have linked the coronavirus outbreak to the prevalence of the wildlife trade in China. The coronavirus was transmitted from animals to humans at a wildlife market in Wuhan. Pangolins are now thought to be the source of the virus.
PETA and other activist groups are urging people to stop eating meat to help stop the spread of these viruses.
Sign this petition to end factory farming!
Read all One Green Planet’s coverage of coronavirus. Check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Coronavirus Update: Pangolins Blamed for Spreading Virus
- Chinese Citizens Being Ordered to Dispose of Pets Despite Any Connection with Coronavirus Outbreak
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: Chinese Citizens Begin Disposing of Pets, Footage of Corpses Lining Street
- Coronavirus Update: Indonesians Called to Stop Eating Bats and Animal Activists Saving Pets in China
You can avoid getting sick by reducing your dairy and meat consumption. Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!