There have been many comparisons between the flu and COVID-19, the coronavirus. As deaths and infection from COVID-19 tick up, many people have brought up the fact that seasonal influenza kills thousands of people each year.
While symptoms do overlap between the two viruses, COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough, body aches, fatigue, and sometimes vomiting and diarrhea. COVID-19 differs from the flue in that its incubation period is much longer. The flu’s symptoms appear usually after a day of incubation in the body. COVID-19 can incubate between 2 and 14 days in the body before symptoms appear. This longer incubation period makes COVID-19 more dangerous, as people won’t know they have been exposed right away.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that COVID-19 is “10 times more lethal” than the flu.
To help stop the spread of both flu and COVID-19, follow the CDC’s recommendations.
Check out more flu-fighting information in One Green Planet. Check out these resources:
- The Secret to Beating the Flu
- Powerful Healing Ingredients and Solutions for Staying Well During Flu Season
- 5 Healthy Homemade Tonics for Flu Season
- 12 Foods for Winter Allergies, Colds and the Flu
- Survive Flu Season With These Plant-Based Foods
- Flu Fighter Immunity Lemon Ginger Turmeric Tonic
- 10 Foods to Boost Your Immunity During Flu Season
Scientists believe that the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, started at an exotic animal market in Wuhan, China. You can help stop the incidence of viruses like these by signing this petition to ban the wildlife trade.
You can avoid getting sick by reducing your meat consumption. Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Coronavirus Update: Death Toll Surpasses SARS
- Coronavirus Update: Quarantined Patients Given Turtles for Dinner In Spite of Virus Being Linked to Wild Animal Trade!
- Coronavirus Update: Pangolins Blamed for Spreading Virus
- Chinese Citizens Being Ordered to Dispose of Pets Despite Any Connection with Coronavirus Outbreak
- Coronavirus Update: Your Pets are Not in Danger
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: Chinese Citizens Begin Disposing of Pets, Footage of Corpses Lining Street
- Coronavirus Update: Indonesians Called to Stop Eating Bats and Animal Activists Saving Pets in China
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!