President Trump declared a national emergency over the coronavirus in the United States. The declaration frees up federal resources to help those at risk or with the disease. The president said he would free up $50 billion in resources to help stop the spread of the virus.
To help people get tested, Trump said he would offer 1.4 million new tests next week and 5 million more would be ready by the end of the month. The World Health Organization categorized coronavirus (COVID-19) as a pandemic on March 11.
To determine if you have coronavirus, monitor your symptoms closely. According to the CDC, “The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure: Fever, Cough, and Shortness of breath.” If you experience these symptoms, call your doctor immediately.
There are precautions you can take to prevent illness. Avoid the virus by avoiding close contact with people. Per the CDC website, “The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person, either “between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet)” or “Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.”
We all play a part in taking care to reduce the spread of the disease. The CDC recommends washing your hands thoroughly often, covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze, staying inside if you’re not feeling well, and avoiding close contact with others.
Scientists believe that the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, started at an exotic animal market in Wuhan, China. You can help stop the incidence of viruses like these by signing this petition to ban the wildlife trade.
Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Coronavirus Update: Death Toll Surpasses SARS
- Coronavirus Update: Quarantined Patients Given Turtles for Dinner In Spite of Virus Being Linked to Wild Animal Trade!
- Coronavirus Update: Pangolins Blamed for Spreading Virus
- Chinese Citizens Being Ordered to Dispose of Pets Despite Any Connection with Coronavirus Outbreak
- Coronavirus Update: Your Pets are Not in Danger
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: Chinese Citizens Begin Disposing of Pets, Footage of Corpses Lining Street
- Coronavirus Update: Indonesians Called to Stop Eating Bats and Animal Activists Saving Pets in China
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.