Okay, we’ve said it before and we are proud to say it again, loud and proud: we’re obsessed with our dogs. In the best way possible of course! What is not to love about about dogs? They think the world is awesome, treat you like you’re the most important human in existence, and are never hesitate to run in for a big hug. And to thank them for making our lives oh so very much better, we tend to spoil our dogs. Really, we’ve seen it all. From people who have tiny campers made for their dog, to this couple who dedicated a whole photo shoot to announce their new adoption. While we might laugh at these examples for being ridiculous, you have to admit you’ve been there. There have been times late at night when you’re surfing the web that you’ve contemplated buying a dog-sized Snuggie to match your own … yes, we’ve considered it too.
But at the heart of all the crazy toys and outfits, is our true and undying love for our dogs. Because, our dogs are so much more than hairy roommates, they’re family. So in honor of all you Green Monsters who treat your dogs like more than just extended family, but, as if they were in fact your own child, here’s to these 15 hilarious humans and their dog “children.”
1. These dudes are revolutionizing the look for stay at home dads. Who says you can’t bring your baby everywhere?
2. We all know that overprotective mother who slathers her child with SPF 100 on sunny days…this forward thinking mom won’t let UV burn her baby’s delicate pale skin.
3. You taught your puppy to swim, holding their paw the entire time.
4. There is nothing like a long car ride to make a fussy baby take a nap. Dream on little yapper.
5. Every parent knows that healthy habits are learned. Teaching Goldie to brush is the only way to avoid a hefty orthodontic bill in the future.
6. You are overjoyed to share the news of your latest adoption with your friends. Also, this is a great excuse to open up a dog toy registry, right?
7. You make your dog get dressed for church, even though you know they’re just going to wrinkle their nice collars. The bow-tie might last for a minute, but the photo will last a lifetime.
8. You don’t believe in speciesism, so your dog and human baby are raised as equals. Which is which?!
9. The first day of school was more scary for you than it was for them.
10. But you got through it by making sure they were perfectly outfitted and ready to go.
11. People are still talking about how amazing your dog’s birthday party was. Kidchella got nothing on Scruffy.
12. Watching your dog’s first steps was the most magical experience of your life. You have it recorded on your smart phone and have three back-up DVD hard copies.
13. Before you know it, your little puppy will be all grown up and driving off to start their own lives *sniff.* Oh wait, no…that’s your human child, your canine child isn’t going anywhere!
14. For Mother’s Day or Father’s Day this is the go-to gift in your house.
15. After years of treating your dog like your baby, don’t be too shocked if they’re not thrilled you’ve decided to add a little human to the mix.
Lead image source: htekidsnews.com