Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Factory farming is unbelievably cruel to the animals who have to endure its cycle of confinement, distress, fear, pain, and death, and the industry is incredibly harmful to the environment as well. The more the public finds out about what goes on inside these deplorable places, the more people are beginning to say no to factory farming.
Going veg is one way to aid the cause as it reduces demand for animal-based products, but there are also plenty more ways you can help end factory farming in addition to changing up the foods you eat. Your actions can help to raise awareness, change hearts and minds, and ultimately derail this inherently cruel industry. The first step is to educate yourself on the truth about factory farms, by researching and watching documentaries. Once you’re armed with the facts, you can start taking action to put an end to factory farming once and for all.
Never underestimate people power. There are plenty of well-organized, motivated, and passionate groups out there who are trying to bring about an end to factory farming. By taking action and signing relevant petitions, we are able to group together and show legislators, government departments, and businesses that millions of people are against it. Petitions are extremely effective tools in bringing about change, so make sure you get involved. Check out these recent petitions you can Support to help farm animals:
- Fight Against Factory Farming
- Tell IFC to Divest from Factory Farming
- Ban Factory Farming in the U.S.
- No More Bailouts for Factory Farms
Support Farm Animal Sanctuaries
Farm animal sanctuaries are among the leading organizations in the fight against factory farming, providing care and rehabilitation to animals directly affected by the industry, as well as creating educational resources and learning environments. By supporting farm animal sanctuaries financially, joining them on social media, or backing their campaigns, you can help to spread the message and bring about a revolution.
Campaign for Local Change
Educate Your Peers
Many people have not been properly informed about the issues surrounding factory farming yet, as it’s a problem that is hidden from mainstream attention. You could be the catalyst for change among your friends, family, and colleagues by helping to educate them. This doesn’t mean preaching to them about what bad people they are for buying factory-farmed meat, but instead tactfully raising the issues in a way that they might relate to.
Factory farming is not going to disappear overnight, but with the combined efforts of a growing number of people, we can bring about real change and put an end to the suffering of factory-farmed animals sooner than you might imagine.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!