Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Meet Sasha, the baby goat saved by a no-kill animal shelter in Poland. The cute baby goat was recently brought to the shelter by a woman who was fleeing Ukraine, and sweet videos of him have captured the hearts of many.
Source: Forbes Breaking News/Youtube
The ADA Foundation is located 30 minutes from the Ukraine border in Przemysl, Poland. ADA Foundation is a no-kill animal shelter. These brave heroes and many others are risking their lives to drive animals out of Ukraine and help empty shelters as the war surrounds them.
Recently, a woman from Ukraine brought them a poor, broken tiny goat. The goat, Sasha, would have starved to death if the woman had left him in Ukraine. The woman reportedly dropped him off as she fled far away from Ukraine and made sure that the shelter knew that she would be back for him. The team at ADA has been helping Sasha, who has a problem with his legs, and his front legs are bound with gauze tape, but apparently, he is still rambunctious.
Source: CNN Newsroom/Youtube
“This lady [said], ‘I love so much this animal, and this animal is part of the family. We want him back when war will end,'” said vet Dr. Fedaczyńsky.
Animals are often forgotten as victims in these times. These workers and volunteers spend countless hours helping animals of all kinds and are truly heroes. There are many ways to help these organizations, even if you are far away. Many are accepting monetary donations to purchase food, supplies, and other necessary items for the influx of animals. Read our post on how you can help animals in Ukraine and speak up and talk about what’s happening! Sign every petition you can and if you have the means, consider donating to organizations in Ukraine risking their lives to help.
- ADA Foundation in Poland is Helping Animals of All Kinds Escape the Ukraine War
- Polish Animal Charity Helps Evacuate Animals From Ukraine
- Animal Rescuer Determined to Stay Behind With His Animals in Ukraine Amid Russian Invasion
- Meet Rambo the Sweet Puppy Who Loves to ‘Protect’ His Soldier Unit in Ukraine
- Cat Cafe in Ukraine Stays Open With Their 20 Cats Amid Russian Invasion
- Ukraine Zoo Animals Evacuated to Poland and Surrounded by Russian Tanks
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!