Scientists in Germany have found a way to cut out animal testing in breast cancer research. The test was developed at the German Centre for the Protection of Laboratory Animals (Bf3R) and it tests the effects of hormones on cultured human cells.
Microscopy and artificial intelligence are used in the so-called “E-Morph” test that identifies substances with estrogen-like or opposite effects, according to research published by the team in “Environment International.”
“E-Morph is a milestone on the way to, one day, replacing animal experiments currently required to detect hormone-like effects,” says BfR President Prof. Dr. Andreas Hensel.
With the test, scientists can uncover the estrogen-like effect that loosens the connection between cells in the mammary gland. This makes breast cancer cells detach from the tissue in an easier way-crucial for the spread of the tumor. The E-Morph test examines cultured human breast cancer cells to see if they detach when influenced by estrogen.
Source: The France 24 Observers/YouTube
Animal testing is a useless and unethical part of scientific research, the testing is found to be ineffective, as 95% of drugs that pass animal tests fail on humans. Numerous companies are standing up against animal testing and recently the USDA made a decision to eliminate some mammalian testing by 2025 but there’s more to be done and it’s time countries ban animal experimentation altogether as it hurts humans as well.
Sign this petition to stop animal testing!
- Lab Monkeys Have Holes Drilled in their Skulls at Belgian University
- Monkey Strangled to Death in California Lab
- Retired Monkeys Step Outside for the First Time After Spending Their Entire Lives in a Lab
- Rand Paul Calls Out Wasteful Spending of U.S. Taxpayer Money on Animal Testing
- Dog Breeders are Selling Unwanted Puppies to Animal Testing Labs
- Various Animal Testing Violations Found at Government Labs
- 5 Extremely Unnecessary and Inhumane Experiments Done on Animals
- Veterans Affairs Under Fire For Spending Over $8 Million in Taxpayer Money on Horrific Cat Experiments for Medical Research
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!