Even during lockdown, it’s nice to see people come together to help those in need. Some of the most uplifting stories to come out of these times are the wonderful stories of people helping animals. There have been stories of incredible rescue missions like the baby sheep stuck on a cliff, the ducklings on an apartment balcony, and the baby fox saved from drowning. And yet again, another amazing rescue was completed by kind people coming together to save a horse in trouble.
A 17-year-old horse named Sapphia wandered out of her barn and while roaming happily, fell through a pool cover. The horse’s owner, concerned for her beloved horse, called the veterinarian and 911. Po-Mar-Lin Fire Company Large Animal Rescue Team, Goshen Fire Company, and veterinarians from Stillmeadow Equine Veterinary Service all came to the rescue of Saphia.
The pool was partially filled, so when Saphia’s leg became tangled in the pool cover, she became partially submerged in the pool. Naturally, the horse was panicking and becoming fatigue from trying to free herself. But they were able to sedate her, get a sort of sled under her, and pull her safely out of the pool.
It took 30 amazing people to come together and help her out. But not long later, she was standing on her feet and walking around again, even getting some affection from her stablemate Blaze.
If you love uplifting rescue stories like this, please see:
- Amazing Rescue of Baby Sheep From Cliff of Waterfall
- Baby Fox Saved From Drowning After Falling in Hole
- Kind Man Helps Mama Duck and her Ducklings Safely Get to Waterfront From his Apartment Balcony
- Brave Rescue Dog Helps Save Kitten Stuck in Hole
- Heartwarming Rescue of a Stranded Dolphin by a Group of People and a Dog
- Local Residents Save Beached Whale in Trinidad
- Deer Stuck in Metal Gate is Rescued Using Dish Soap
- Kind People Make a Path to Help a Moose Cross the Ice
- Watch the Amazing Rescue of a Leopard Who Fell in a Well
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!