A Boston news crew saves the day! Cambridge Police tweeted about an incident where a 13-month old dog was stolen from a vehicle. The police department showed photos of the incident, as well as of the German shorthaired pointer.
7NEWS crew members went to the scene of the crime to report the issue and soon saw a man walking Titus, the stolen dog, WHDH shared. News crews stopped the man, Kyle Gariepy, who alleged it was a “misunderstanding,” and said the dog was a dog he was supposed to be walking.
— Juliana Mazza (@julianamazzatv) May 11, 2021
Titus’ owner, Greg Siesczkiewicz told 7NEWS, “I’m just glad that the person came back and I’m just glad that you guys were there. If anyone ever sees this who question the value of media, social media, broadcast media, this proves it.”
WHDH reported Gariepy was arrested and charged with larceny of more than $1,200 and also charged with breaking and entering a vehicle to commit a felony.
Read more rescue stories in One Green Planet, including this dog that was reduced from an irrigation pipe.
- Firefighters Rescue Dog Trapped Under a Bus
- Rescue Team Saves Couple and Dogs from Pickup Trunk Dangling Off Bridge
- Puppy Rescued from Freezing Waters of Jamaica Bay in New York City
- Coast Guard Rescues Distressed Woman and Her Dogs From Sailboat During Bad Weather
- Bridge Inspector Rescues Dog Hanging 120 Feet Above River
- Brave Board Rider Saves Dog from Drowning after a Kayak Overturned in Rough Waters
- Dog Trapped at the Bottom of a Sinkhole Gets Rescued
- Lost Dog Rescued by Family in the Middle of Lake Michigan!
- Dog Saved in Heroic Rescue from a Frozen River in Michigan
- Husky Rescued from Storm Drain in California!
- Stranded Pup Surrounded by Crocodiles Rescued on Florida Island
- Dog Rescued After Being Trapped on Steep Cliff
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!