Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Recently, a video that touched the hearts of millions has gone viral, showing a litter of feral puppies being discovered by an animal shelter staff member.
The clip, posted by Officer Alcorn (@acoalcorn), an animal control officer at Fresno Humane Animal Services in California, has garnered more than 458,000 views and over 100,000 likes. The short video captures a remarkable moment as the camera approaches a group of feral puppies, their jet-black fur barely visible as they huddle in a bush.
As the video unfolds, one particular puppy emerges from the bushes. A gentle voice encourages the pup to come closer, and a hand extends towards them. A few of the other puppies timidly follow suit, briefly stepping out of their shelter before retreating into the safety of the bush.
While the viral video serves as a touching reminder of the compassion and dedication exhibited by individuals working in animal rescue, it also brings to light the importance of knowing what to do when encountering a stray dog. Here are some essential steps to follow:
- Look for a Dog Collar or Tag: If the dog has a collar with identification tags, try to contact the human.
- Scan for a Microchip: Take the dog to a local veterinarian or animal shelter to check for a microchip, which may contain important information.
- Report to Authorities and Rescue Centers: If the dog appears to be in distress or without proper care, report the situation to local authorities or nearby rescue centers.
It’s important to remember that each small act of kindness, like the one captured in this viral TikTok video, can make a world of difference for animals in need. Whether through a simple rescue mission or by sharing awareness on social media, we can all play a part in ensuring a brighter future for our furry friends.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Puppy With Deformed Feet Finally Gets the Care He Deserves After Getting Abandoned by Breeder [Video]
- Puppy Abandoned in Cat Colony Finds a Forever Home! [Video]
- Depressed Puppy Who Was Abandoned on the Side of the Road Transforms into a Ball of Energy [Video]
- A Cruel Family Abandoned Their Puppy in a Lot – But the Kind Man Who Captured it All on Video Made Things Right
- Goose Comforts Freezing Stray Puppy Inside His Wings to Keep Him Warm
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!