Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
This puppy, named Forest, was being kept at a vet’s office in Tijuana after being dropped off and abandoned by a breeder. The breeder didn’t know how to care for the pup’s leg deformities, nor did they want to.
The center paw pads on Forest’s front legs, which are the weight-bearing ones, weren’t fully developed, causing him to walk a little funny. Luckily, the vet did not want to euthanize this pup just for the way he walked, so they reached out to a rescue group called The Animal Pad.
Unfortunately, a lot of breeders and vets decide that it may not be worth it to treat dogs like Forest, who have deformities or illnesses. It costs a lot of time and resources that may not help. However, when the team at The Animal Pad met this pup, they knew it was all worth it. Although Forest only weighed 2 pounds and had a variety of medical issues when he arrived, he made it through the first night. He has been building up his strength and thriving in this loving environment ever since!
- Why Breeding Pets Is Irresponsible. Period.
- After Being Abandoned By the Only Family He Ever Knew, Scared Dog Learns to Trust People Again (VIDEO)
- 10 Heartbreaking Ways Breeders Cause Life-Threatening Harm to Purebred Dogs by Inbreeding
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!