Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The goats were first seen five weeks prior by a dog walker when he was walking along a trail that ran beside the drain. The team is still unsure how the baby goats got there or how they made it down the steep sides and survived for so long inside. They had no fresh water, and they had no way to escape.
This video captures the moment our team rescued two baby goats from an underground sewerage drain. ❤️ These two lucky kid goats were first spied five weeks ago by a kind-hearted dog walker when he was walking along a trail that ran by the side of the disused drain. We’re not sure how the little ones came to be there, or how they navigated their way down the steep sides and survived for so long, but with their inability to escape, combined with a lack of fresh water, their future looked bleak. We lowered ourselves one by one into the drain and armed with head-torches, gumboots, insect repellent and an abundance of kindness. Our plan was to push the goats towards the open end of a long tunnel, and to use the opposing sealed end, some100 metres in, to block and corral the goats. And thankfully the plan worked! But not without its challenges or heart-stopping mid-air catches, which saw us triumphantly emerge almost 30 mud-encrusted minutes later, with two of the luckiest kid goats alive, lovingly cradled in our weary arms. Using strategy, stealth, and a good ladder, each bewildered goat was then passed from hand to hand and up the ladder and into the back of the straw lined Kindness Van. ❤️ Meet Gerard and Deana! #animalrescue #farmsanctuary #rescueanimals #friendsnotfood #tiktokforgood #tiktokpartner #goatrescue#babygoats #goatsoftiktok
The team lowered themselves one by one into the drain and had all of the necessary equipment, including head torches, gumboots, insect repellent, and an “abundance of kindness.”
They planned to push the goats toward the open end of the long tunnel and use the other end to block and corral the goats, and their plan worked.
“Using strategy, stealth, and a good ladder, each bewildered goat was then passed from hand to hand and up the ladder and into the back of the straw lined Kindness Van. ❤️!” Edgar’s Mission said in the caption of their TikTok.
The goats, Gerard and Deana are now safe and in the arms of Edgar’s Mission! Check out this adorable video of all of the hilarious bloopers of the rescue.
Meet Gerard and Deana, two lucky baby goats who were rescued from an underground drain yesterday! 🐐❤️ Check out our previous video for their incredible rescue and full story… #animalrescue #farmsanctuary #rescueanimals #friendsnotfood #tiktokforgood #tiktokpartner
Edgar’s Sanctuary is a non-profit farmed animal sanctuary that works to create a humane and just world for all. They also have adorable content on their TikTok page! Not only is their content adorable, but they are also teaching people all of the amazing things about farmed animals and why they are remarkable!
- Tail Wagging, Playing Dead for Belly Rubs, and a Goat Who Thinks He’s a Pony at Edgar’s Mission [Video
- Sheep Parties, Goats Climbing Rocks, and Adorable Animals in Wheelchairs at Edgar’s Mission [Video]
- Watch These Two Adorable One-Day-Old Goats Run Around and Play [Video]
- Amazing Rescue of a Baby Goat from a Steep Mountain [Video]
- Animal Friends Help Heartbroken Goat Heal After He Lost His Best Friend [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!