Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The clip posted by @snaileighh shows a black and white cat outside jumping around and playing in the snow. The cat plays around for a while before deciding to run back inside to the warmth.
The clip has already racked up over 800,000 views and hundreds of comments from users who loved the video.
No matter how cute it is, it is important to remember never to force your cat or animal to play in the show. If the animals want to go out and seem to enjoy it, they should be safe under supervision for a short time.
“This is just soul soothing…… what a magical little ball of fur. I love you happy cat,” one user commented.
“The paw prints ❤️, another said.
Although cats have warm and furry coats, they don’t offer the protection needed to keep them safe from the winter elements. Now being in winter, we must protect cats and make sure that they have someplace warm for the winter! Every winter, an untold number of stray or feral cats die in the cold weather and harsh conditions. Once temperatures drop to below freezing, a cat’s chances of succumbing to the weather increase drastically. Kittens and elderly cats are even more susceptible.
Building a small shelter where cats can seek warmth and refuge can be a great idea if you can. It’s also important to avoid salt, antifreeze, and harsh chemicals in areas where you have seen cats around. Make sure to check your car before driving in winter because some cats will seek warmth and shelter in the engine or under cars.
Another important thing that could be life or death for a cat is providing them food in the winter months. Dry food is a great option since it doesn’t freeze like wet food.
Sign this petition to pledge to take the steps to help stray and feral cats stay safe this winter!
- Dachshund Gives Winter Gardening Help [Video]
- Missouri Man Helps Keep Animals Warm During Winter
- Sophie the Cat Meets Snow for the First Time and Quickly Develops a Love/Hate Relationship With It (VIDEO)
- Amazing Cat Helps Clear Huge Snow Drift (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!