Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: KING 5 Seattle/YouTube
A man in Tacoma, Washington, was charged with 75 counts of animal cruelty and had 107 dogs removed from his property over two years. Elmer Givens Jr. shot some of the dogs with BB guns, ran a dogfighting ring, and many of the seized dogs were severely emaciated. Luckily, he has received a lifetime ban on living with animals, but more needs to be done. Please sign this petition to urge authorities to mandate counseling for this disturbed animal abuser!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Pressure Connecticut Legislators to Pass Animal Abuse Laws Immediately
- Petition: Urge Twitter to Remove Animal Torture Videos from Its Platform
- Petition: Demand the Kansas City Zoo Shut Down Its Barbaric Elephant Exhibit
- Petition: Ask Texas Republicans to Support Green Energy Projects
- Petition: Demand Authorities Investigate Why Serial Animal Abuser Was Allowed to Keep Boarding Dogs
- Petition: Help Get Justice for Migrant Child Who Died in U.S. Custody
- Petition: Justice for Dog Who Was Neglected So Badly They Had to Have Their Eye Removed
- Petition: Call on the British Museum to Return the Rosetta Stone to Egypt
- Petition: Tell Shein to Provide Better Labor Conditions and a Fair Wage for Its Workers
- Petition: Pledge to Vote for Democratic Leaders This Coming Election
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!