Source: More Perfect Union/YouTube
Shein is a fast fashion company that is known for being unsustainable and emitting a tremendous amount of greenhouse gases. On top of this, a new investigation has revealed the disturbing labor conditions of its workers in China. Employees were forced to work up to 18 hours a day, were only able to take off one day in an entire month, and were paid very little. Please sign this petition to urge the CEO of Shein to abide by Chinese labor laws and provide his employees with a fair wage!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Tell Norfolk Southern to Follow Through in Cleaning Up Its Toxic Mess
- Petition: Urge Congress to Give Workers 12 Weeks of Paid Family Leave
- Petition: Tell Biden to Shut Down Toxic Oil Refinery in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Petition: Tell Brazil’s President to Enshrine the Amazon Rainforest’s Right to Exist into Law
- Petition: Tell Major Film Studios to Pay Writers a Fair Wage
- Petition: Tell the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to Stop Killing Endangered Wolves
- Petition: Call on Legislators to Pass Bill That Would Help Prevent Future Pandemics
- Petition: Urge NYC to Institute a “Lights Out” Policy to Protect Birds from Crashing into Windows
- Petition: Tell Congress to Address the National Nursing Shortage
- Petition: Urge Hasbro to Commit to Having a Net Zero Environmental Impact
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!