This colorful recipe for Wild Rice with Broccoli and Mushrooms makes a great and healthy side dish. Top it off with crunchy walnuts! And it'll be a great addition to your dinner spread.
Wild Rice with Broccoli and Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons margarine or vegan butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat up olive oil in a large skillet. Add rice and 2 cups of broth. Cook according to the rice directions.
- In another skillet on the side, saute mushrooms and broccoli. Add all of the herbs.
- Add the rice to the broccoli mixture, and stir well.
- Heat in the pan, and add the walnuts and chopped onions.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!