This wholesome winter power bowl combines whole grain rice, hearty lentils, roasted sweet potato, and leafy green kale to create a meal that'll leave you feeling full and satisfied. It's a wonderful balance of nutrient-dense carbohydrates, vegetables, healthy fats, and protein, balanced out with a zesty, creamy lemon-tahini dressing. This makes a great lunch that'll keep you full until dinner, or post-workout meal that'll help your body recover.
Wholesome Winter Power Bowl With Sweet Potato, Kale, and Lemon-Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Wholesome Winter Power Bowl With Sweet Potato, Kale, and Lemon-Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
For the Bowl:
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup uncooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale, stems removed and leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Lemon-Tahini Dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
How to Prepare Wholesome Winter Power Bowl With Sweet Potato, Kale, and Lemon-Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
- In a medium saucepan, combine lentils and rice with 1 1/2 cups of water and sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, for 35-40 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed.
- While the rice and lentils are cooking, preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil and 1/4 of sea salt, and spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until tender and golden on the edges.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a small sauté pan. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add kale and sauté a few minutes more, until wilted.
- Make the lemon-tahini dressing by whisking together the tahini and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Choose two of your favorite bowls, and evenly divide the cooked rice and lentils, the sweet potato, and the kale, among the two bowls. Drizzle with lemon-tahini dressing, and serve.
You may soak your rice and lentils in a medium bowl with water for 8 hours or overnight then drain and rinse well. If you choose to soak them, reduce the cooking water to 1 cup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.