Cheese won't even be missed on this absolutely satisfying and wholesome pizza. With delicious roasted veggies on top and a zesty tomato sauce, you can't go wrong with this!
Wholesome Pizza With Broccoli and Artichoke [Vegan]
For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 packet dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
For the Tomato Sauce:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (5-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Topping:
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 14-ounce can artichokes
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- In a big bowl, mix water and dry yeast. Add sugar and salt.
- Add 2 cups flour and combine well. Add the remaining flour and knead thorough.
- Add enough flour until you will be able to roll out the dough. The perfect dough is not too sticky, but neither too dry. It differs, according to what type of flour you are using. Before adding all the flour make sure to knead thorough.
- Let rest covered in a warm spot for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare tomato sauce. In a large skillet, add onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the onions are slightly tender. Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Prepare and cut veggies.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Knead the dough and roll onto your kitchen counter using a rolling pin.
- Place on a clean baking sheet and top with tomato sauce, veggies and sunflower seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories: 272 | Carbs: 50g | Fat: 4g | Protein: 10g | Sodium: 76mg | Sugar: 4g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile