These are tasty whole wheat vegan crackers. Garlic adds great a flavour along with herbs. Enjoy this crackers with your favorite spreads and veggies!
Whole Wheat Crackers [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt/ rock salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered sugar / unrefined cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons oil (rice bran/sunflower oil)
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix together all the dry ingredients (first seven ingredients) in a large bowl.
- Add coconut oil and oil.
- Mix well. The mixture will resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add water. Add 1 tablespoon at a time and mix till the dough comes together.
- The dough should be soft. Cover and keep for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut a parchment sheet to fit into the baking tray.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces.
- Roll out a piece on the parchment paper thinly. Cut into squares.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Watch out after 10 minutes of baking. Over-baked crackers do not taste as good.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container.
If you wish to make buttery crackers, replace coconut oil and oil with the same quantity of butter.
- Whole Wheat