Simplicity wins again, kids! In this case Colombian-style cheese arepas, fortified with a full can of cannellini beans and a big handful of cheeeeese! Everybody loves these guys. You've gotta check them out if you don't have them in your line-up. Too easy. Plus a little spiralized salad saute on the side? This is a veggie-only hot zucchini 'salad' with serious style.
White Bean Arepas With Spiral Veggie Sauté [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups of masarepa
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella
- 15-ounce can white beans of your choice
- Spiralized veggies of your choice
- Mix the masarepa with water, salt, and liquid smoke and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and shape into 4-inch diameter pucks.
- Grill them on medium (around 350°F.) for about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with hot sauce over sautéed spiralized veggies.
- Beans - White