Vegan tarts are easier and quicker to make than cakes, and most of the time they come out looking like super stars! You make the crust which is usually just a mix of dates and nuts, press that into a tart pan, and then you make your filling which is normally a simple blending up of bananas, coconut or nuts with a healthy sweetener, and finally you decorate it with something pretty like fruit. Done. You now have a gorgeous, delicious, uber-good-for-you treat to impress everyone with. This is why I love raw vegan desserts.
Whipped Coco Cream Tart With Fresh Berries [Vegan]
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh berries
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut cream
- Pulse the pecans and hemp seeds into powder in a food processor, then add the rest of the ingredients and process until it all begins to stick together.
- Press into a lined tart tin and put in the fridge for a couple hours.
- Wash and slice the berries and bananas then coat with the coconut nectar (if using) and vanilla and put in the dehydrator for 30-60 minutes, this softens and sweetens them.
- Spread your coconut cream into the crust and top off with your berries.
- Coconut Nectar