This watermelon pudding is super easy-to-make, very refreshing, and delicious. It only takes four ingredients to make and once those everything is mixed together and heated, it simply needs to be chilled. Garnish with some chocolate for added flavor.
Watermelon Pudding [Vegan]
- 4 cups watermelon juice
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegan semisweet chocolate, for decoration
To Make the Watermelon Juice:
- Slice the watermelon in half. Slice the halves into smaller strips and remove the seeds and rind.
- Add chunks of watermelon into the blender. Blend the watermelon until it is totally liquefied. Filter the juice through a sieve and measure 4 cups. Alternatively, you can use a juicer.
To Make the Pudding:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cornstarch with ½ cup of watermelon juice. Stir until smooth and no visible lumps.
- In a medium saucepan, pour the watermelon juice and slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly. Add the sugar and cinnamon. Set the pan over low heat and bring to a simmer, whisking frequently, 3-10 minutes, depending on your stove and saucepan, until it starts to thicken. It should coat the back of a spoon and a finger drawn through it leaves a line.
- Divide the hot pudding evenly among four custard cups. Refrigerate until chilled, about 4-6 hours.
- Removed from the mould carefully and serve with grated semisweet chocolate.