These vegan wagon wheels are gluten-free, with homemade cookies, vegan marshmallows, dairy-free chocolate, strawberry jam and coconut for a unique twist. Perfect with a coffee/tea for an afternoon sweet treat!
Wagon Wheels [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Bring together with your hands until a dough forms. Add more flour if too wet or coconut oil if too dry. You want it to be a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough until 1/4-inch thick, then using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles and place onto the lined tray.
- Pop the cookies into the oven and bake for 9-10 minutes until golden in color. Once baked, carefully place them onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool fully.
- Assemble the wagon wheels! Spread some strawberry jam over half of the biscuits. With the remaining biscuits, place a marshmallow on top and pop into the oven to melt the marshmallow. This will take around 2 minutes.
- Sandwich a jam cookie and melted marshmallow cookie together and set aside. Using a bain-marie, melt some dairy-free dark chocolate and dunk the wagon wheels to coat. Place onto a baking tray/grease proof paper and pop into the fridge to set. This will take around 10 minutes.
- Decorate with some desiccated coconut (optional).
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Best eaten within a few days!